We help clients in different sectors to implement innovative data analytics solutions.
UAB “Ekonovus” is a utilities company that has been operating for over 20 years. The company has 10 branches and over 400 employees.
The company, with branches all over Lithuania, has implemented a system of digitalisation and KPI indicators.
- Each unit produced its own reports, but there was no single, company-wide analysis. Heads of departments used to spend a lot of time every week preparing reports for the management. And of course, countless Excel documents with reports were piling up.
- The company used at least 4 different information systems to process and combine data from each of them was very complex. The reports of the applications used did not always match the company's needs, took too long to modify (when quick solutions were needed) and were expensive because external developers did not always understand the company's needs accurately. On the other hand, it is only by combining data from several systems that certain performance indicators can be calculated.
- Waste system administrators require real-time servicing and weighing data and photographs for each waste container, with heavy fines applied for non-compliance.
- The company was in the process of implementing a logistics system and an automated billing application. Managing this process required periodic measurement of the KPIs of the individual units' performance in implementing the software and real-time identification of potential errors, but the sheer volume of data made this very difficult and time consuming.
- The company could not respond quickly to changes in the situation – i.e. decisions could only be taken after the next month's reports.
The introduction of an analytics culture in the company has been gradual:
- The first phase involved a reorganisation of the company's management structure, with precise responsibilities and the KPIs defining them.KPIs started to be analysed at weekly and monthly departmental meetings.
- Analysing the status of customer serviceand identifying risks. Analysis was carried out on a daily basis and the necessary decisions were taken in real time. A control system was also put in place to monitor risk areas and recurring errors to detect and eliminate systemic errors – duplications. This made it possible to minimise the fines imposed by the administrator for service and data errors.
- It has also moved on to analysing financial indicators,controlling new and lost customers, and analysing the profitability of individual activities and projects.
- By combining data from logistics, billing, financial reporting and budgeting systems, the company has moved towards proactive management – i.e. it has started to see during the month what financial results will be achieved at the end of the month, which customers and performance indicators are driving this. This has enabled to control the causes of financial performance.
- The analytics system has enabled to quickly process data, measure and manage the logistics and billing implementation process – measure and manage the logistics and billing system implementation process – to measure the progress of specific employees, to identify possible risks and errors.
- After conducting tests of the analytics system in one department, we proceeded to enterprise-wide reporting.Different departments were able to monitor their own unit's results, based on the rights granted to them.
The introduction of a data analytics culture in the company has led to greater efficiency, as time is spent on decision-making rather than on report writing. The management of the company can base its decisions not only on financial indicators, but also on indicators of business processes. Analysing data across different dimensions has opened up a wide range of possibilities for data analytics. Visual interactive reporting has made data exclusions easier to discern, and seeing unified reports throughout the company's mind has made it easier to make decisions.
UAB TRIMB is a wholesale pharmaceutical company with sales in all Baltic countries.
The accounting system used generated only static reports. The reports were prepared in Excel, collecting data from different data sources, and had to be re-generated when the period changed. Increased data traffic has made this difficult and inefficient. A more user-friendly way of processing information was sought.
The company uses the Rivilė accounting system, so we were able to offer a quick-to-implement standard solution tailored for Rivilė. Several modifications have been made due to the specificities of the company. After the implementation of the analytics system, the customer was able to easily track sales, detail turnover by country, control the cost and profitability of goods, see comparative analysis of sales-purchases by periods, monitor the balance of income – rescues, monitor the distribution and dynamics of wages and salaries of the working people.
A KPI indicator system was implemented. By combining actual sales results with projected results, it was possible to monitor the progress of sales – to what extent sales are meeting targets – and to respond accordingly through marketing actions.
With the introduction of the Power BI analytics system, the Customer was able to conveniently monitor the latest results of the company every day. Generating reports no longer required additional time. The data is presented in a structured and visual way, with the possibility to analyse at different cross-sections and go down to the detailed rows.
The adoption of Power BI has significantly increased the productivity of the company, allowed for faster response to problems, and the tracking of indicators and trends gave a competitive advantage over others.
UAB Ovoko is a company that develops the used car parts platform RRR.ltThis platform unites over 500 sellers from Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Finland and other European countries.
Used car details dealer RRR.lt offers a constantly evolving software package - they can both manage their warehouse and sell already tested and reusable parts. The buyer sees one large online store, although he virtually visits warehouses throughout Lithuania.
Although UAB Ovoko is only a little more than 4 years old, the awareness of the RRR.lt platform is growing steadily, and this is what makes the company's growth rates so high. New sellers are joining the platform, not only from Lithuania but also from other European countries. Shipments are not limited to Europe, but go all over the world. The number of parts uploaded to the RRR.lt sales platform is almost 3 million. The dramatic increase in data flows has also created the necessary need to monitor and analyse them. The reports were prepared manually by the sales managers, collecting information from several data sources and updated only once a week.
- With the introduction of Power BI analytics, weekly reports were eliminated and replaced by daily automated reports.The relevant reports have been prepared for use by managers and sales managers.
- It is now possible to monitor indicators in near real time and see daily changes. The quantities of parts sold, turnover, return percentage, quantity of cancelled orders and other indicators relevant to the company's activities have become visible.
- In order to improve customer service and speed up the delivery of parcels, a parcel tracking report was created,which allowed to monitor the activity of scrap yards related to consignments.
- One of the competitive advantages of UAB Ovoko is that it has built up a very wide circle of scrap dealers. The analysis reports allow for a detailed analysis of the performance indicators of each scrap yard: when they joined the platform, when they placed the first order and how long it took until the first order. Whether the customers connected to the platform are active or passive. What are the sales during the selected period and what sales are made during the entire lifespan.
- Convenient monitoring of daily results.Automated reporting speeds up the identification of problems and solutions. Daily sales and returns of goods, cumulative annual results, top sellers by turnover and other indicators important for the company are shown.
- Power BI analytics reports are useful for employee motivation, asthey make it easy to monitor employee performance, whether it is in line with targets, and how each manager's performance looks in the context of the overall company. These results are also available to every manager.
- Vendor ranking. Measuring the indicators at different cross-sections allowed for a comprehensive ranking of vendors. We can see the percentage of returns, how quickly the vendor hands over the goods to the courier, how many new items are added to the system, how many are sold and what turnover is generated. Whether the scrap yard is an active vendor, and whether its performance is in line with its objectives.
- Analysis of end customers. The reports generated allow to get to know the customers better, measure the flow of returning customers or new customers, and target the social media marketing strategies accordingly.
- Unified company-wide reports allow for discussion and common understanding of data.
The solutions implemented have significantly saved staff time, and the cross-cutting reporting has enabled faster visibility of company performance, identification and elimination of problems and data-driven decision-making.
Still wondering if it's worth it?
While you're thinking, your competitors are already deploying analytics systems and improving business processes.
Get in touch to discuss your options together.
„The team of specialists of UAB Tikslūs duomenys has delved into our situation and problems. Step by step, different data sources were combined: accounting, waste management, billing, logistics information systems. After the implementation of the Power BI analytics system, the "Exact Data" consultants continue to advise us on various issues and make additional modifications. We are happy to have reliable consultants. ”
P. Jurelė, Chief Financial Officer of UAB Ekonovus
„UAB Ovoko is a company developing the used car parts platform RRR.lt. This platform unites over 500 vendors from Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Finland and other European countries.“
„Installed individual e-commerce analytical solution. Report automation solutions significantly save employees time, reports in various sections allowed to see the company's results faster, identify and eliminate problems, see the situation in the unified reports.“
“As the number of processes in the company increased, I noticed that I was no longer able to keep up with the available reporting databases. At the moment, I don’t know of a more convenient and simpler tool for process and report optimization than Power BI.
Of course, much of the merit and ease falls on the shoulders of TDATA consultants. In this case, with TDATA, everything was very simple, fast and clear. One interview was enough to explain what I specifically needed and the result was presented. With this tool, I notice over time that changes are needed in one report or another, it’s done very quickly, and with tips on how to do it better.
I recommend this team if you need help saving your time and want to see all the company's data simply and clearly! ”
UAB TRIMB director Vita Mickevičė